SuperNova Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Nation in which gamers can be themselves. Read Reviews, Walkthroughs and become a part of a amazing community!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Review

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Yumiyuri
Chatbox Moderator
Chatbox Moderator
Yumiyuri

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Review Empty
PostSubject: Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Review   Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Review Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:54 pm

The third game of the Prince of Persia series, Prince of Persia: the Sands of Time is the first of the games to be rendered in 3d. Like Tomb Raider, Prince of Persia focuses on acrobatics and combat, and also, let's not forget puzzle solving! In this game, you have two weapons, your regular sword, and a magical dagger called the Dagger of Time, which can be used toturn back time for a few seconds and steal the sand of the monsters of the game. The dagger, however, has to be refilled when you run out of sand.

You are helped by a woman named Farah in the latter part of the game, but in my opinion, she's not much help at all. She mainly squeezes in cracks and small openings to open doors and gates for you, but that's it. You need to keep her alive though, which can be a hassle.

You play the nameless Prince (I call him Bob :p). In Azad, the Vizier of the Maharajah tricks the Prince into using the Dagger to release the Sands of Time from the Hourglass. A horrific sandstorm engulfs the kingdom, causing the Sands of Time to turn all it touches into monsters. The Prince, Farah, and the Vizier remain unchanged due to their possessions; the dagger, a medallion, and a staff, respectively. You must find the Vizier and reverse what you have done before he uses the Hourglass to rule the world.

The graphics are great, and the fighting sequences are amazing, you can see the smoothness of the animation. The game and those following were such a success that it spawned a movie (which is a great movie btw, I recommend you not not only play the game, but watch the movie too). All in all 9/10 (took off one point because some of the puzzles there are a bitch and Farah is annoying -.-)
Back to top Go down
Vioz
Vioz

PostSubject: Re: Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Review   Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Review Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:49 am

Nice Review Rei, its an awesome game but WW and TT are better

and yeah the movie is awesome Very Happy saw it in the cinema
Back to top Go down
http://eff-clan.org/
Yumiyuri
Chatbox Moderator
Chatbox Moderator
Yumiyuri

PostSubject: Re: Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Review   Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Review Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:54 am

same Smile

WW is awesome! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pyro Maniac
Admin
Admin
Pyro Maniac

Location : Im just the Beast under your bed, in the closet.. IN YOUR HEAD!

PostSubject: Re: Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Review   Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Review Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:29 am

Lovin the reviews Rei Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.supernovagaming.com
Mark57Raider
Admin
Admin
Mark57Raider

PostSubject: Re: Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Review   Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Review Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:32 am

I abhor puzzles in action games. Makes you think too much and not get right to the action. The only games I see fit for that are the zelda games.
Back to top Go down
Yumiyuri
Chatbox Moderator
Chatbox Moderator
Yumiyuri

PostSubject: Re: Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Review   Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Review Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:19 pm

Lol, that's why I love PoP and TR - you not only use brawn, but brains as well. it's a balance Smile
Back to top Go down
Vioz
Vioz

PostSubject: Re: Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Review   Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Review Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:59 am

^EXACTLY
Back to top Go down
Yumiyuri
Chatbox Moderator
Chatbox Moderator
Yumiyuri

PostSubject: Re: Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Review   Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Review Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:19 am

yay someone agrees with me. though i didn't say i love puzzle solving :p
Back to top Go down
Vioz
Vioz

PostSubject: Re: Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Review   Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Review Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:22 am

i do ^_^
Back to top Go down
Yumiyuri
Chatbox Moderator
Chatbox Moderator
Yumiyuri

PostSubject: Re: Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Review   Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Review Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:24 am

the hardest one was the part where you need to activate their defense system shit...
Back to top Go down
Mark57Raider
Admin
Admin
Mark57Raider

PostSubject: Re: Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Review   Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Review Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:17 pm

I dunno puzzle solving just takes away from the action. It's annoying and the only good thing that comes out of it, is actually solving the puzzles. You can get stuck for hours and get bored trying to figure out one little thing that prevents you from seeing the rest of the action in the game. That's just me.
Back to top Go down
Yumiyuri
Chatbox Moderator
Chatbox Moderator
Yumiyuri

PostSubject: Re: Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Review   Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Review Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:30 am

that's why walkthroughs were created lol xD
Back to top Go down
Mark57Raider
Admin
Admin
Mark57Raider

PostSubject: Re: Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Review   Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Review Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:38 pm

Most of the walkthroughs I read though are for fighting games like the street fighter alpha series or some of the RPGs. That's mostly about it. I guess puzzles are okay they just take a long time to figure out.
Back to top Go down
Yumiyuri
Chatbox Moderator
Chatbox Moderator
Yumiyuri

PostSubject: Re: Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Review   Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Review Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:05 am

Nah, all you need is google xD
Back to top Go down
Mark57Raider
Admin
Admin
Mark57Raider

PostSubject: Re: Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Review   Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Review Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:12 pm

You know, in Prince of Persia the sands of Time I could never utilize the sand good enough to avoid traps and crap. I don't think I ever got really far into the 2003 Prince of Persia. The leaping and platforming stuff was okay, but there never was much fighting in the game in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Yumiyuri
Chatbox Moderator
Chatbox Moderator
Yumiyuri

PostSubject: Re: Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Review   Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Review Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:46 am

it takes practice and skills xDDD
Back to top Go down
Mark57Raider
Admin
Admin
Mark57Raider

PostSubject: Re: Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Review   Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Review Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:50 am

Yeah practice and skills I don't have in the game. I still remember the super nintendo prince of persia. I hated that game cause the controls were clunky, the gameplay was bad and if you died even once you'd have to start the whole game all the way over. Plus with the graphics, they're worse than some of the regular nintendo games.
Back to top Go down
Yumiyuri
Chatbox Moderator
Chatbox Moderator
Yumiyuri

PostSubject: Re: Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Review   Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Review Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:49 am

lol, i know that xD

omg, so old xD
Back to top Go down
Mark57Raider
Admin
Admin
Mark57Raider

PostSubject: Re: Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Review   Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Review Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:23 am

Yumiyuri wrote:
lol, i know that xD

omg, so old xD

Sometimes you should explain into more detail what you know.
Back to top Go down
Yumiyuri
Chatbox Moderator
Chatbox Moderator
Yumiyuri

PostSubject: Re: Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Review   Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Review Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:25 am

i know the old game, the one with the bad graphics :p

i'm playing sands of time again, it never gets old Smile

Back to top Go down
Mark57Raider
Admin
Admin
Mark57Raider

PostSubject: Re: Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Review   Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Review Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:56 pm

... Too much jumping and wall scaling... Too much puzzles and jumping .... and just...not enough fighting urrrk. But hey I only got so far, I may be wrong.
Back to top Go down
Vioz
Vioz

PostSubject: Re: Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Review   Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Review Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:59 pm

Puzzle's, jumping and wall scaling :'D
Back to top Go down
Mark57Raider
Admin
Admin
Mark57Raider

PostSubject: Re: Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Review   Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Review Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:19 pm

And the original stupid prince of persia doesn't even do wall scaling. Move left, move left again, try to jump over pit. GRRRRRRR I can't jump over the pit cause the snes version of prince of persia is to slow to respond! Fall in pit, land on spikes, EPIC FAIL.
Back to top Go down
Vioz
Vioz

PostSubject: Re: Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Review   Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Review Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:26 pm

hated when that happens >.< and then when you finally finish all the dungeon stuff and youre like Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy then comes .....a palace >.<
Back to top Go down
Mark57Raider
Admin
Admin
Mark57Raider

PostSubject: Re: Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Review   Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Review Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:40 pm

I didn't finish anything in that game. I hated it and only played it for like 45 seconds before I decided this game was total garbage. Well that's only just my opinion and perspective.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Review   Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Review Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Review
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next