SuperNova Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Nation in which gamers can be themselves. Read Reviews, Walkthroughs and become a part of a amazing community!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Secret of Mana : SNES Review

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mark57Raider
Admin
Admin
Mark57Raider

Secret of Mana : SNES Review Empty
PostSubject: Secret of Mana : SNES Review   Secret of Mana : SNES Review Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:25 pm

I remember my younger years playing this game during the year 1995, once long ago when the role playing era of snes was popular. Secret of Mana is a classic game with lots of monsters, weapons, magic elementals and a unique combat system. The story is basically about a boy whose name remains in the imagination of the player. He finds a sword that is plunged deep into a stone. (Yes, it is a silly King Arthur reference.) None the less he finds the sword and suddenly monsters start appearing near Potos. During that time also the Empire is trying to revive the mana fortress and create the world into darkness. It is up to you with two other helpers during the game to seal the evil entity of Thanatos, and restore peace among the land once more. You will have to realease some seed powers in order for the sword to become the strongest, and for it to become the strongest.
The graphic details are mainly two-dimensional panning from a birds eye zelda type of view. The colors of Secret of Mana are bright and indulging. The graphical details are cartoon-ish, but that's kind of what you expect from a Japanese rpg. Mostly though, there are many vibrant landscapes of different colors and textures. What basically is there from deserts to icy landscapes and lush forests are basically how it looks in a cartoon world. The enemies are also fun and comical to look at as well.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The simplicity of the how the game works is what makes this game magical. Included in a weapon in which you attack is a charge gauge that goes from 0% to 100% every time you attack. Each attack you make on an enemy will hit more or less depending on how far the gauge goes up when you swing. Repeatedly hitting the "B" button on an enemy will most likely not get you anywhere, due to the fact that it will be at maybe 10-15% each hit. To attack at your full statutory potential each hit, you have to wait for the gauge to turn to 100%. There is a catch though, that enemies can also attack and use magic on you while you are filling up the gauge, so be mindful of that also. Of the weapons included, there are eight different types of weapons. Sword, Spear, Bow, Axe,Knuckle,Boomerang ,Whip and Javelin. Of all the weapons need. You actually need to only use Sword, Axe, and Whip due to some of the jumps and Blockades you have to get through.
Also along your adventure you will fight bosses who carry orbs that will strengthen your weapons when you use them in battle. You must have the funds and the orb to level the weapon up though, and when you reach a new level you can use more of that weapons techniques once you use them more in battle. The more you fight with the weapon, the more you can be skilled with each technique when you charge the gauge's power. To charge just hold down "B" after 100% and you will fill up the gauge and unleash once the bar gets full. Apart from weapons that you can use, there are elementals in the game that you can use as well. Once you get the second and third party member in the game you will be able to use defensive and offensive magic for them. Seeds basically unlock levels in which you can level up your magic when you get the seed and for that, the potential and visuals for that elemental spell increase when you use the power on fighting maps or in town. The magic for the game though does cost MP and can be replenished with a magic walnut. Mostly when fighting bosses though, the girl or sprite will have to rely on magic. In order to risk getting killed you will probably have to have magic on the times that you fight bosses and such. Included in the magic are the elements, Salamando,Undine,Wisp,Shade,Luna,Dryad, Jinn and Gnome. Each elemental has different spell types that you can use in battle and in towns.
Just be cautious in fights and you'll make it. There are items like candy, chocolate and jam that will help you to also not get a game over as well. And you'll probably have to use those to risk getting a game over. Because this is one of the first rpgs I played on the snes, and which was also really good. I give it a 10 out of 10. Let the Legend of the Mana Tree live on.

Last edited by Mark57Raider on Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Pyro Maniac
Admin
Admin
Pyro Maniac

Location : Im just the Beast under your bed, in the closet.. IN YOUR HEAD!

PostSubject: Re: Secret of Mana : SNES Review   Secret of Mana : SNES Review Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:48 pm

Good Job Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.supernovagaming.com
Mark57Raider
Admin
Admin
Mark57Raider

PostSubject: Re: Secret of Mana : SNES Review   Secret of Mana : SNES Review Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:05 pm

Yeah decent review I think. Not anything spectacular for that I found some mistakes. I may have left some things out, but I think I got somewhat lazy with the sentences somewhat.
Back to top Go down
MrGamer0110
Higher member
Higher member
MrGamer0110

PostSubject: Re: Secret of Mana : SNES Review   Secret of Mana : SNES Review Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:53 pm

nice we have to finish that game
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BOM95
Mark57Raider
Admin
Admin
Mark57Raider

PostSubject: Re: Secret of Mana : SNES Review   Secret of Mana : SNES Review Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:50 pm

I've finished it already. Sometimes I get tired of playing online because of the fact that someone quits or unexpectedly has to go while you're in the middle of the quest. But I guess that goes with the territory.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Secret of Mana : SNES Review   Secret of Mana : SNES Review Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Secret of Mana : SNES Review
Page 1 of 1